Jobs vacancy ConocoPhillips ; Reservoir Engineer 2 positions
Sr Reservoir Engineer
Required & Preferred Skills / Competencies:
• Minimum of 5 years experiences.
• B.S. degree in petroleum engineering or equivalent. Previous experience in field development programs within a multi-discipline team environment with at least 5 years experience in reservoir simulation.
• Specific skills and experience should primarily to include advance expert in reservoir simulation application.
• Advanced history matching skills/experience.
• Participation in integrated team reservoir characterization effort.
• Experience in geomodeling with PETREL software is preferred.
• PTA/DST/PLT design, real time QC and interpretation.
• Familiar with quartz gauge technology, it s limitations and running procedures required to collect accurate reliable pressure and temp data.
• Experienced KAPPA software user specifically in SAPHIRE pressure transient analysis and EMERAUDE production logging analysis.
• Probabilistic methods and Risk evaluation.
• Good interpersonal and communication skills and strong influencing skills. Able to represent BU position with management, partners and government.
This Sr Reservoir Engineer position will have the primary responsibility for providing technical reservoir engineering expertise, focusing on reservoir simulation studies , and leadership to multi discipline subsurface asset teams.
Responsibilities to include:
• History match full field simulation models and conduct reservoir simulation studies (both full field and mechanistic studies) to answer key questions on optimization of development strategies.
• Provide technical reservoir engineering expertise to properly plan well locations, data acquisition and completion strategy for planned development wells.
• Update reserves estimates and associated flow stream forecasts as needed and coordinate 3rd party reserves assessments for all fields and reservoirs managed by the asset team.
• Build and maintain a network model.
• Provide technical expertise when needed to other ongoing projects in the form of peer review participation etc.
• Provide mentoring and technical development to less experienced national staff.
Only those individuals who fully meet the above requirements need apply.
To apply please visit: JobsDB.com not later than two weeks after the publication of this advertisement.
Expiry date: May 30, 2011