Oil Gas Jobs career at USA
Shell Oil Company, including its consolidated companies and its share in equity companies, is one of America’s leading oil and natural gas producers, natural gas marketers, gasoline marketers and petrochemical manufacturers. Shell, a leading oil and gas producer in the deepwater Gulf of Mexico, is a recognized pioneer in oil and gas exploration and production technology. Shell Oil Company is an affiliate of the Shell Group, which operates in over 140 countries and territories employing more than 109,000 people.
CRI/Criterion Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of the Shell Group, supplies total packages of catalysts, services and solutions for refinery and petrochemical plants. Criterion Catalysts & Technologies and CRI Catalyst Company, are subsidiaries of CRI/Criterion Inc. Criterion Catalysts & Technologies provides hydroprocessing, reforming and specialty catalysts to the refining industry and CRI Catalyst Company provides EO, VAM, styrene, hydrogenation, specialty and environmental catalysts to the petrochemical industry.
Industrial Mechanic – Port Allen, LA Job ID: U23649
Location: Port Allen, Louisiana, United States
To be eligible for the position, candidates must have at least 5 years of work experience as a machinist, mechanic, or millwright in a catalyst or petrochemical environment.
In addition to the requirements listed above, applicants must also meet the following requirements:
* Willingness to take and achieve satisfactory results on Shell’s pre-employment testing battery
* Willingness to support Shell’s safety policies and safe working practices
* Willingness to support Shell’s drug-free and harassment-free work environment
* Must be at least 18 years old
* Willingness to work at heights, walk on high elevation grating, walk up and down stairs and work in confined spaces and outdoors
* Must be able to read, speak, and write English fluently
* Must be able to use computers in a work environment
* Candidates must be willing to work in Port Allen, LA
* Troubleshoot, repair, install, calibrate, test, remove, and clean plant mechanical equipment / assets
* Operate tools and machinery to effect assigned work
* Understand piping systems and their uses, including knowledge of and adherence to plant piping standards
* Communicate to operations employees, supervisors, and others regarding the identification of problems and completion of jobs in their area both verbally and in writing
* Perform preventive maintenance work as assigned
* Receive training to be qualified to successfully perform all Mechanic functions
* Train other personnel on any Mechanic functions
* Read and comprehend drawings including, but not limited to plant layout, P&ID, equipment drawings
* Read and comprehend vendor literature including but not limited to installation, operation, and maintenance manual; and parts lists
* Troubleshoot and replace mechanical seals on pumps.
* Use computer in daily routine, including data entry into computerized management maintenance system
* Receive training to be certified and operate any powered industrial vehicles required for the completion of work assignments
* Perform all other work as assigned by supervision
Application Deadline: Friday 17 June 2011
Number of Vacancies: 1
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy which sets out, the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
‘Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer’.
Here to Apply Online : United States Oil Gas Jobs at Shell, USA career