Jobs and Careers
A/S Norske Shell
Shell is a leading international energy company, employing some 93,000 people in more than 90 countries. In Norway we are active in exploration and production on the Norwegian continental shelf, distribution of gas and also refining, marketing and distribution of petroleum products. Shell is operator of two producing fields on the Norwegian shelf; Ormen Lange and Draugen. Our main office is in Sola, nearby Stavanger and our Downstream office is in Oslo. Our operations are run from Kristiansund. We employ over 1 000 people in Norway and we’re expanding. In 2012 we are celebrating our first centenary in Norway.
Process Control Engineer Job ID: E29867
Location: Kristiansund, Kristiansund, Norway
As our Process Control Engineer you will have the responsibility of the process control at Draugen Platform and Nyhamna Gas Plant as part of the Control & Automation Discipline within Engineering & Maintenance Support in Kristiansund.
You will also be responsible for the following;
· As focal point for all process control activities – ensure interface between Engineering & Maintenance, Operations and the Process discipline
· Support operations: loop tuning; control performance monitoring, optimization and problem solving
· Management of Change, MOC – responsibilities for changes on process control applications, develop process control input to MOC/plant change requests
· Focal point for documentation related to process control, System Control Diagrams and Process Control Narratives
· Follow up tuning/APC applications (Advanced Process Control)
· Project interface – ensure quality of deliverables (e.g. Process Control Narratives)
· Assure optimum performance of all asset process control loops
· Identify and prioritise bad actors & propose changes to existing applications as needed
· Identify & develop opportunities for Advanced Process Control,APC
· Ownership of Human Factors,alarm handling,control room ergonomics/design
· Safety Automation Systems,SAS/Production Information Management System,PIMS applications
· Monitor and follow global best practices in area of process control and optimisation (PACO)
· Coaching and development of team members
With a master/bachelor degree within Process Control or Automation, you’ll have experience as an instrument technician or as a process operator with a strong technical interest. We would also prefer if you have the following experiences/abilities;
· Experience with implementation/modification of process control
· Can demonstrate an ability to familiarise with various processes/equipment types
· Willing to enhance process control competences by attending the relevant courses
· Experience/knowledge of PID loop tuning
· Practical experience with control systems, preferably the ABB systems.
· Be able to work independently within control systems (tuning)
· Experience within maintenance/operations
· Coaching and development of process operators and instrument technicians in areas of: loop tuning; control performance monitoring/diagnosis
A competitive remuneration package based on the prevailing conditions, policies and legislation in Norway will be offered for this position.
Application Deadline: Friday 07 September 2012
Number of Vacancies: 1
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
How to apply, click link : Shell Career