Opportunities in Chile
Through investment in water industry expertise and proprietary technology, Schlumberger Water Services has established leadership in aquifer evaluation, characterization, groundwater resource management, and mining exploration. The dedicated team of engineers, geophysicist, hydrogeologist and technical specialists provide comprehensive assessments of aquifer systems – including the viability for meeting future water demands.
Capitalizing on Schlumberger global presence and support infrastructure, Schlumberger Water Services has successfully completed numerous projects in five continents, helping to meet future water demands in a wide variety of environments and applications.
Field Hydrogeologist – Santiago
Based in Santiago, you will be involved in a range of water resources, mining, and environmental projects. You should have the flexibility and desire to undertake occasional international travel and assignments.
* Good first degree in Earth Science or related subject with MSc in hydrogeology
* at least 2-3 years’ relevant experience
* Broad knowledge of water related issues of mining
* Extensive field experience
* Experience in groundwater monitoring
* Experience in pumping tests
* Experience in south America a major plus
* Fluent English with capability in Spanish is an advantage
Senior Environmental Geochemist – Group Leader – Santiago
You will coordinate the activities of a small geochemistry group in Chile and will additionally provide technical oversight of geochemistry staff at the company’s office in Lima, Peru.
* MSc or PhD qualification in Environmental Geochemistry (or a closely related discipline)
* Eight or more years professional experience of consulting in the mining-environment sector
* Technical expertise in baseline hydrochemistry studies
* Technical expertise in geo-environmental test work for the prediction of acid rock drainage potential
* Technical expertise in predictive geochemical modelling of waste rock and tailings facilities.
* Experience in Contaminant transport modelling.
* Technical expertise in geochemical aspects of mine closure and rehabilitation.
* Experience in environmental permitting and compliance.
* Experience in project management and in communicating with the client
* International experience desired
* Fluency in English with capabilities in Spanish an advantage
Please send your CV with a covering letter, indicating chosen vacancy and location to firstname.lastname@example.org.