Qatar Petroleum is one of the largest Oil & Gas producers in the world and is enjoying an unparalleled period of growth which will see them continuing to be a major global player in the industry for many years to come. Qatar is the fastest growing economy in the world and offers a secure, family-orientated lifestyle where expatriate families enjoy an active outdoor lifestyle, excellent standard of living and are encouraged to fully participate in the community.
Market Research Analyst
The Planning and Energy Policy Directorate of Qatar Petroleum is responsible for the development and implementation of energy industry strategy both for Qatar Petroleum and the State of Qatar as well as leading the investigation and development of “new energy” businesses.
The primary function of the Market Research Analyst is to supply Qatar Petroleum with information regarding the external market environment to support strategic decision making. Key areas of input will include; Identifying and reporting on emerging trends in the energy industry both in Qatar and internationally, conduct macroeconomic analysis to ensure understanding of QPs activities on national revenue, create various financial/economic models as required by Senior QP management or government officials.
Who we’re looking for
• A university degree in Economics supported by a secondary qualification or equivalent industry experience.
• Likely to have considerable experience in the field of macroeconomics and energy economics (but might be less if the candidates has a combination of industry and senior level experience that is exceptionally well matched to the position requirements).
• Ability to recognize external issues of importance, qualifying and quantifying the possible corporate effect where possible.
• Comprehensive, in-depth knowledge of business decision making processes, and macroeconomic influences on corporate business decisions.
• High skills in drafting reports and analysis of current issues.
• High presentation skills (Board level contacts), communication skills, and consensus building abilities.
• Excellent analytical, mathematical and computer modelling skills. Strong knowledge of econometric and computerised data manipulations and experience in constructing, maintaining, and interpreting economic models.
• Good personal management skills and the ability to work within multidisciplinary teams.
• Must have extremely well developed project management skills.
What’s on offer
Salary & Package
QP offers competitive Tax free salary and remuneration package. Terms of Employment include 6 weeks leave per annum, travel to home country, comprehensive health cover, accommodation and schooling allowances.
• Qatar is the fastest growing economy in the world estimated at 15% per year for the next three years and offers a secure, family-orientated lifestyle where expatriate families enjoy an active outdoor lifestyle, excellent standard of living and are encouraged to fully participate in the community.
• Modern education K to 12 – offered in a variety of curriculums (IB, British, American, etc.), world renowned Universities, free health and dental care.
• A host of family friendly activities
• Exceptional shopping (from traditional Souqs to modern Malls featuring high-end retail experiences).
• A stable, peaceful, and accepting multicultural society.
• Host Nation of the 2022 FIFA WC
Michael Page Contact
For further info, apply or phone on +971 (0) 4 709 0300. Job Ref: 8577
Your application will be sent to Ryan Lewis.
Click Here for Applications / Further Details : Qatar Petroleum Jobs