Drilling career for oil Gas Company 2011, BP British Petroleum
Job title : Well Site Leader / Drilling Supervisor
Req ID : 10311BR
Job category : Drilling & Completions
Sub-category : Drilling & Completions
Countries (State/Region) : Azerbaijan
Location : Baku
Role synopsis :
Please beware that this post is open for candidates possessing Azerbaijani citizenship only.
The Drilling Supervisor is responsible for supervising and implementing the flawless execution of drilling operations (including new wells and sidetracking of older wells). The successful candidate will be involved in state-of-the-art drilling operations, working on platforms and semi-submersible rigs. This position is rotational.
Key accountabilities :
HSE (Health, Safety and Environment) / Compliance
• Perform regular safety observation tours, safety observation conversations and time out for safety discussions.
• Lead and participate in any and all morning safety meetings and pre-job tool box talks, take an active participation in review of job risk assessments.
• Set expectations and hold personnel accountable for safe implementation of all well related activities.
• Ensure drilling, completion, and intervention policies are followed during the preparation and execution of all activities.
• Ensure safety has the highest priority and is at the forefront of drilling planning, execution and in discussions with all contractors and service providers.
• Ensure local government regulations requirements are fully complied with.
• Ensure an equipment technical integrity assurance program is in place.
• Participate in accident/incident investigations and ensure actions closed out within the deadline.
• Conduct rig and equipment audits.
• Coordinate and carry out regular drills to ensure site personnel understand emergency response procedures.
• Commit to and deliver a personal safety performance contract.
• Ensure dispensations are in place for any deviations from policy.
• Collaborate with engineering staff in development, implementation and evaluation of drilling operation programs, providing planning support and operational clarity.
• Execute the drilling program.
• Maintain accurate equipment/materials inventories.
• Capture lessons learned during drilling operations and ensure procedures/programs are amended.
• Review/update drilling practices and operational procedures.
• Accurately complete daily reports by reporting system.
• Ensure all drilling BHAs (Bottom Hole Assemblies) are recorded prior to RIH (Run in Hole). Report and schematic to include lengths, IDs (Inside Diameters), ODs (Outside Diameters) and thread types.
• Ensure that drilling casing running tallies are prepared on time.
• Accurate and timely reporting of drilling operations, including detailed drawings, daily diary and non productive time analysis.
• Effective hand over with opposite shift supervisor (day/night).
• Effective management of equipment and personnel relating to drilling operations.
• Manage personnel on board and logistics.
• Lead all pre drilling meetings, post operations wash-up/continuous improvement sessions.
• Provide supervision, mentoring, training and development of junior staff.
• Review resumes of contractor support personnel.
• Work with drilling engineers to develop standard procedures.
• Review best practices that may benefit the current drilling operations.
• Ensure that any lessons learned are captured.
Financial, Procurement and Contracts
• Provide technical and operational support during review of service contract tender exercises.
Essential Education : None specified
Essential experience and job requirements :
• Drilling engineering experience.
• Technical and operational skills to deliver planning and execution of the drilling activities.
• Demonstrable knowledge in risk weighed cost estimating, cost management, contract management, hydraulics, torque, drag and casing wear prediction & modelling, casing design, mud system analysis, bit optimisation, directional/BHA (Bottom Hole Assembly) planning, drilling fluids and cementing, developing well operation programs, hole section guidelines, recommended practices, technical limit implementation and post analysis of operations.
• Knowledge of risk management.
• Transfer and application of best practices.
Desirable criteria & qualifications:
• Demonstrable capabilities of leading, developing, training and coaching less experienced drilling personnel.
• Demonstrable leadership of safety programs for drilling operations and participate fully in developing HSE culture.
• A degree in engineering.
• Proven track record as strong team player.
• Flexible approach to work and clear time management skills.
• Aptitude to innovate and be open to new ideas, networking and global technical knowledge sharing.
• Offshore operational drilling experience on semisubmersible rigs, HTHP (High Temperature/High Pressure) wells, rig based workover operations and coiled tubing drilling.
• Experience in offshore Extended Reach Drilling.
• Computer literacy in Microsoft applications and morning reporting/database systems.
• Proficiency in English language.
• Certificate in IWCF (Internation Well Control Forum) Well Control (Subsea) Supervisory Level.
Relocation available Rotational position
Travel required Yes – up to 100%
Is this a part time position? No
About BP Our business is the exploration, production, refining, trading and distribution of energy. This is what we do, and we do it on a truly global scale. With a workforce of 92,000 employees, BP operates with business activities and customers in more than 100 countries across six continents. Every day, we serve millions of customers around the world. We are continually looking for talented, committed and ambitious people to help us shape the face of energy for the future.
BP’s Exploration and Production segment focuses on finding reserves of oil and gas, developing the means to extract and process it and then consistently producing and transporting it to market. This involves using cutting edge technology to find the energy reserves, the ability to drill thousands of meters under the ground, designing, building and operating some of the world’s largest most complex production onshore / offshore facilities and finally being able to transport these fluids, in order to provide energy to the world.
Apply online here : Oil Gas Jobs Drilling at BP British Petroleum