Hess Corporation; Sr. Production Engineer
Hess Corporation is a leading global independent energy company, engaged in the exploration and production of crude oil and natural gas, as well as in refining and in marketing refined petroleum products, natural gas, and electricity. Our vision is to maximize shareholder value by enhancing financial performance and providing long-term profitable growth. We attract and motivate highly talented people who embrace their work with a passion to be the best. Hess Corporation has offices in 20 countries across six continents. The company s headquarters is in New York City, with key regional headquarters in Houston; London; Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia and Woodbridge, N.J.
Currently we have a position open in our Jakarta office as Sr. Production Engineer (08604)
a) Education and Experience:
• 5 – 15 years experience in oil and gas operations, production engineering, subsurface or completions environment.
• A Bachelor or Masters Degree in Engineering, preferably Petroleum.
b) Technical Competencies and Knowledge:
• Proficient in nodal analysis and network modelling.
• Proficient with OFM and database management.
• Familiar with well intervention techniques and completion design philosophy.
• Familiar with decline curve analysis.
• Familiar with production optimisation.
• Familiar with gas lift design and operation.
c) Basic Skill:
• Computer literacy: Word, Excel, Power Point, email, internet, OFM, Petroleum Experts Suite.
• Language: fluent spoken and written English.
1. Providing Production Engineering advice and support to maximize the Operations efficiency.
2. Managing respective people and organization.
3. Managing EHS function in the respective department.
4. Managing relevant administration and report.
1. Providing production engineering advice and support to maximize the offshore and onshore operations efficiency.
• Has role as mentor to more junior production and operations engineers.
• Has role as senior member of the team that provides production engineering support to field operations.
• Provides production data and reports on asset performance to senior management, business partners and government.
• Reviews well test and operating data in order to improve efficiency, raise production and reduce operating costs.
• Ensures prosper well models are kept up to date.
• Develops and improves techniques to actively monitor and optimize gas, oil and condensate production.
• Actively participates in the Production Optimization process to proactively identify, develop and implement opportunities (opex & capex) to enhance production.
• Responsible for the preparation of the short term production forecast.
• Updates the Integrated capacity model.
• Maintains a network model for production optimization.
• Acts as key liaison between subsurface, drilling and operations staff.
• Provides input into completion designs (including gas lift design) and influence drilling and completion design for future wells.
• Plans and supervises rig less well interventions.
• Plans work over programs.
• Works closely with field personnel to manage well and Christmas tree integrity, including corrosion monitoring.
• Assists in preparation and maintenance of annual operation s team budget.
2. Managing respective people and organization
• Leads and gives mentoring to junior engineers and those unfamiliar with production engineering discipline.
• Participates in training operations personnel.
3. Managing EHS function in the respective department
• Demonstrates appropriate safety behaviours and commitment to environmental policies.
• Performs emergency response duties as required.
• Compliance with environmental regulations and targets.
4. Managing relevant administration and report
• Managing relevant reporting and administration work based on the needs of the respective organization (including data recording, correspondence, etc. – based on the function of this position).
• Ensuring the confidentiality of the company s documentation.
For more information and to apply on line, please visit: http://www.hess.com/careers and search for E&P Jobs, no later than 21 December 2012. Please use the job reference number to apply for the post you are interested in, at the search criteria page. Please also note that you must upload your resume and answer the eligibility question before we can process your application.
Please note that only shortlisted candidate will be invited for interview.