Founded in 1921 and publicly traded since 1925, Newmont (www.newmont.com) is one of the largest gold companies in the world. Headquartered in Denver, Colorado, the company has approximately 34,000 employees and contractors, with the majority working at Newmont’s core operations in the United States, Australia, Peru, Indonesia and Ghana. Newmont is the only gold company listed in the S&P 500 index and in 2007 became the first gold company selected to be part of the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. Newmont’s industry leading performance is reflected through high standards in environmental management, health and safety for its employees and creating value and opportunity for host communities and shareholders.
* Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Geosciences or related field with broad field knowledge (generally over 10 years).
* A recognized expert in more than one field of the geosciences.
* Functions as an authority or geological consultant for a business unit of the Company.
* Has an outstanding degree of technical proficiency to share with other employees.
* Uses a high level of influence and impact to give employees, managers, directors and executives technical guidance for exploration and geologic programs.
* Must be able to meet the requirements of a Consulting Geologist.
* Has broad latitude for independent judgement, actions, and decisions.
* Employ advanced knowledge, findings, techniques and experience to locate mineral deposits and determine their characteristics.
* Provide advanced geologic technical review, guidance and support to programs designed to discover, develop, evaluate or mine gold deposits worldwide.
* Must comply with regulatory health and safety regulations, company policies and procedures and the Company’s environmental compliance policy.
* Demonstrate a strong commitment to safety and the environment and the ability to work safely on a daily basis.
The above duties and responsibilities are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all-inclusive.
* Will work in mines, project sites, and/or greenfield exploration environments where conditions may be primitive and/or harsh at times. (Primitive/Harsh = surface or underground environments, hot to extreme cold, desert or tropical rain forst to tundra conditions, remote field camps, high mountain terrain, steep rough terrain, long distance and/or time to advanced medical care.)
* Extended period from their home base may be required.
* Must be able to hold/operate a phone and radio with sufficient voice and hearing to carry on a conversation.
* Must be able to drive a manual-speed, 4×4 vehicle and occasionally operate an all-terrain vehicle.
* Requires the ability to lift and carry up to 45 lbs of equipment and/or samples for distances up to five (5) miles (8 kilometers).
Job : Geology
Primary Location : USA-CO-Denver
Click Here to Apply Online