PT Freeport Indonesia, an affiliate of Freeport McMoRan Copper and Gold, is one of the worlds largest copper and gold producers. We are seeking talented individuals to join our Organization to fill the following positions:
Position ENGINEER, PROCESS CONTROL
Work Location Tembagapura – Papua (Ref. ID – 24999)
Application Deadline Wednesday, October 12, 2011
The background, education, and work experience needed to succeed in this job are:
Minimum Education and Experience
° Bachelor Degree in Electrical, Chemical or Metallurgist Engineering with minimum 2 years experience including 1 year
experience in milling process, DCS and plant instrument, and 1 year experience in Advance Control.
Long Description :
Engineer, Process Control
Basic Function :
Plan, develop maintain and improve Advance Process Control Installation at Concentrating Operations to ensure high availability and utilization of the Advance Process Control and improving company revenue.
Job Responsibility :
1. Direct, plan, design and implement new Advance Process Control (APC) across Concentrating Division in order to improve Concentrating operation in throughput, recovery and
2. Direct, develop and implement online statistic calculation for APC in order to evaluate APC performance in SAG grinding circuit.
3. Direct, maintain and improve existing APC installation in order to achieve high availability and utilization of the APC in SAG grinding and floatation circuit.
4. Direct, maintain and calibrate advance instrumentation such as SAG feed size analyzers, Pebble Crusher product size analyzer and SAG sound sensors in order to achieve reliable and accurate reading.
5. Direct and provide APC trouble shooting in order to ensure the system is running properly.
6. Liaise with Mill Operation regularly in order to provide information, understanding and potential benefit of APC
7. Liaise and assist with external vendors/consultants in order to provide APC services and improve performance of its systems.
8. Prepare scheduling and tasks to perform of external vendors/consultants in order to maximize improvement of APC.
9. Direct and conduct on job training for subordinates in
order to enhance their knowledge and skill in performing their tasks.
10. Direct environmental and safety procedure to subordinate and himself, in order to ensure the procedures are being
followed during the tasks.
The key challenges in this position include:
° To be able to convince Mill Operation to utilize Advance Process Control, the incumbent should be have regular meeting with them in order to discuss about potential benefit of APC and develop reliable and robust APC system.
° To be able to identify, formulate and implement new Advance Process Control System that flexible for future modification and expansion in concentrating area, the incumbent should have knowledge regarding operational system and metallurgist, have good planning before develop the
systems and consult with internal or external experts.
Core Competencies (Knowledge, Skills & Characters)
° Metallurgy knowledge.
° Control System knowledge.
° Communication skill (bilingual).
° Basic Computer skill.
° Leadership/Managerial skill.
° Attention to details.
° Analytical thinking.
The key areas in which you have decision-making responsibility are:
° Reconfigure Advance Process Control for improvement in performance and reliability.
° Manage scheduling and tasks to perform of external vendors/consultants.
° Sharing Operating Budget US $500,000.
° Responsible for Advance Process Control to 2 SAG Mills, 6 Ball Mills, 2 Rougher Flotation Circuit and 1 Cleaner Circuit.
The Company offers very attractive terms of employment, including salary and benefit package to successful candidates. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted further.
Click here to send application : Freeport job vacancy