Lowongan Maritim 2012
Drydocks World has been a leading brand in the maritime industry for over 25 years. The foremost name in international ship repair, it has since become a major force in the sectors of offshore, shipbuilding, repair, conversion, shipping and chandlery.
Drydocks World facilities operate in the Middle East and Southeast Asia. In Southeast Asia, Drydocks World unites leading expertise at the world’s crossroads of busiest shipping lanes, and close proximity to major offshore oil and gas field developments in Singapore and Batam Island, Indonesia. Diverse marine activities are focused in 4 shipyards, namely: Singapore, Graha, Nanindah and Pertama. Collectively these encompass 29 building berths, 8 floating docks, and a specialised rig building yard.
The right candidates for our yards must be able to develop and support an excellent safety culture and possess a sound knowledge of shipyard practices. They should also have practical experience in the rig building, shipbuilding or ship repair sectors, having held relevant positions in the marine or offshore industry. Working in these evolving yards requires strong personalities who enjoy working in a challenging environment. We offer an attractive employment package, including a competitive salary and productivity bonus based on qualification and experience.
We welcome suitably qualified and experienced candidates to join our team as:
Batam (Kepulauan Riau)
* Diploma in Marine, Mechanical, Naval Architecture or Offshore Engineering
* Shipyard Apprenticeship in Marine Engineering is an added advantage
* At least 3 years of experience in the Marine and Offshore Industry
* Good written and spoken English
* Sharp commercial awareness with good interpersonal skills
* Good knowledge in Microsoft Office
* Preparation and timely submission of comprehensive quotations and invoices according to technical specifications and work completed
* Maintain proper order of Estimating and invoicing filing
* Keeping in close contact with Owners and Production alike for updates on repairs on board
* Negotiate with vendors for equipment purchases, prepare Sales Agreements and follow up equipment deliveries with the vendor
* Discuss with customers, subcontractors or trades regarding scope of work and settle invoice/manhour estimates in accordance to Company requirements
* Negotiate and close out invoices with owners and subcontractors
Please forward your application reason for leaving with current and expected salary to:
The HR Department
(Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.)