As the State oil company of one of the largest hydrocarbon producing countries in the world, and the developer of the world’s largest non-associated gas fields, Qatar Petroleum (QP) can offer you diverse experience in challenging production and exploration environments. Utilising state-of-the-art technology, you will contribute directly to the development of Qatar Petroleum’s oil and gas fields.
Operations and Supervisor Positions Within Drilling
Excellent tax-free packages
Drilling Supervisors require a BSc., Petroleum Engineering or related disciplines, this can be substituted by relevant operational experience. Must have Minimum 10 years in Drilling Operations including a minimum of 5 years experience as a Drilling Supervisor (Company Representative) at the well site. IWCF Certification at Supervisor level.
Operations Engineers (Rigless) require a BSc., Petroleum Engineering or related disciplines, this can be substituted by relevant operational experience. Need a minimum of 6 years experience in work related to the design, construction and work over of oil and gas wells, including at least two years as a well site engineer. In depth knowledge of well completion, stimulation techniques, well testing operations and well reentry using wire line and coiled tubing
Drilling Fluid Engineers require a B.Sc. in Petroleum, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or a related Engineering discipline, plus relevant drilling industry courses. Must have at least 10 years experience in Drilling Fluids Engineering including 3-5 years as a rig site Mud Engineer. Mastery in drilling, completion and work over fluid engineering, including the design of mud programmes, well bore stability, well hydraulics and well control and a good understanding of geology. A thorough understanding of all chemical/physical aspects of drilling completion and work over fluids, particularly relating to the corrosion process. Ability to use Drilling Engineering Software related to fluids and hydraulics. Experience with hydrogen sulfide well designs and safety practices.
Senior Wireline Supervisor (DRD)
Excellent tax-free packages
* BSc in Mechanical/Petroleum Engineering or equivalent.
* Relevant drilling training and courses.
* Minimum of 10 years experience in oil field services practices related to wire line and well completion / testing activity and high pressure gas wells.
* In depth knowledge of completion equipment manufactured by major oil field equipment companies.
* Must be conversant with various oil industry norms / specifications like AP standards on equipment and the practices.
* At least 10 years experience as Wire line Supervisor in a reputed oil and gas company.
Positions in Oil Field Development
A variety of positions are available within the Oil Field Development Department. Roles available at present are Reservoir Engineers, Petroleum Engineers and Petrophysicists
* Reservoir & Petroleum Engineers must have a BSc in Petroleum Engineering, Chemical Engineering, or Mechanical Engineering.
* 10+ yrs experience in Reservoir/Petroleum engineering activities emphasizing large, multi-well, reservoirs. Experience working on mature oil fields under water flood. Strong background in reservoir surveillance and optimization. Experience in well test interpretation, material balance modeling and performance prediction.
* Petrophysicists must have a BSc. in Petroleum Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or Geology required
* 10+ yrs of experience in the Oil and Gas industry, with at least 6 years experience doing Petrophysical studies/operations. Experience in statistical and pattern recognition techniques (Neural networks, fuzzy logic, and multidimensional histograms) techniques. As well as experience of CCAL and SCAL techniques
Working in Qatar offers a secure, family-oriented lifestyle where expatriate employees and their families are encouraged to fully participate in the community. All posts offer attractive locally tax-free salaries together with an excellent tax-free expatriate package including family status, excellent children’s education, transport allowance, paid air fares (cash equivalent), accommodation and furniture allowances, annual bonuses, life insurance and medical coverage, generous annual leave and other allowances.
Interested candidates should forward their CV (in English), quoting ‘The position which apply ‘ in the subject line, to: QP-Campaign2011@hudson.com