Exceptional opportunity for a commercial gas professional to join a fast-growing international integrated oil company and lead global negotiations
Our client is the upstream arm of one of the world’s most innovative oil and gas companies. The business develops and manages the Group’s upstream interests in oil and natural gas assets and leads all key elements of exploration, development and production. With existing operations in the UK, Africa, Asia and Australia the company is expanding its resources substantially and is keen to recruit an experienced Exploration Negotiator to its Commercial function.
The post holder will critically review multiple upstream business development and exploration projects early in their evaluation and perform a lead role in preparation of contractual agreements with external parties. These agreements include confidentiality agreements, exploration farm-ins, farm-outs, asset purchases and sales, joint operating agreements, Unit Operating Agreements and other long term contracts.
* exposure to upstream technical environments e.g. G&G, Drilling, Reservoir Management and Facilities Development;
* experience of methanol / GTL / gas commercialisation projects will be a distinct advantage but is not essential.
* at least 15 years experience in E&P upstream in technical or commercial roles;
* at least 5 years experience in leading and participating in commercial negotiations in an upstream environment;
* tertiary level education;
The position has multi-disciplinary interfaces and candidates should have both the interest and ability to understand complex issues across the E&P value chain and co-operate with many different professional functions. With analytical skills and a structured approach you must be self-motivated and able to handle multiple tasks in a changing environment with periodically high work pressure.
For further information and to apply, please visit http://www.simpsoncrowden.com/14/61/exploration-negotiator and follow the links, or email your CV and covering letter to email@example.com, quoting ref. R163
For a confidential discussion about this or other roles we are handling, please contact Liz Gardner on +44 (0)7801 711372.