BHP Billiton Metallurgical Coal is the largest global supplier of seaborne traded hard coking coal. In Queensland’s Bowen Basin, assets include the BHP Billiton Mitsubishi Alliance (BMA) and BHP Mitsui Coal (BMC).
BMC is a joint venture owned by BHP Billiton (80 per cent) and Mitsui and Co (20 per cent) and currently operates the South Walker and Poitrel mines. These mines have a total production capacity of 6.5 million tonnes per annum of coking and PCI coal.
Why work for BMC?
At BMC we have a strong focus on people and their development as part of delivering on what we say we are going to do. We demonstrate engagement, simplicity, accountability and effectiveness in what we do and strive to continuously improve. People have always been our greatest asset – and getting the right people with the right attitude and behaviours is fundamental to our success.
Business / Project:
Full Time – Permanent
Australia – Queensland
Job Title: Mining Operators
Location: Poitrel Mine, Moranbah
Situated close to the Whitsunday Coast, Poitrel Mine is an open cut coal operation embarking on an exciting growth phase.
We are offering new and unique opportunities for you to be part of an empowered workforce where you will have ownership for:
* Operating equipment within a safe and effcient manner
* Meeting production schedules and targets
* Operating one or more of the following mobile mining equipment: trucks, loaders, graders, dozers and excavators
* Contributing to team, department and mine site goals to maximise operational performance
To be considered for these roles you will possess the following:
* Effective communication skills and ability to work within a team environment
* Strong commitment to safety and continuous improvement
* Proven experience in operating heavy mobile equipment such as: trucks, loaders, graders, dozers and excavators (experience within mining industry highly regarded)
* Flexibility to rotate between varying mining equipment as required (if multi-skilled)
* Drivers Licence desirable
* Ideally have statements of attainment for equipment you have operated (RII/MNCG/BCC)
Along with the opportunity to join one of Australia’s largest coal producers, you will be offered a competitive remuneration package and BHP Billiton benefits such as the employee share program.
All positions are site based residing in modern village facilities based at the township of Coppabella during your working shifts.
To be considered for these roles please submit your applications as soon as possible. If you require any application assistance, please call 1800 700 509.
Applications close Friday 1st of June 2012.
Click Here to Apply Online : BHP Billiton Career