Fugro is the world’s largest integrated geotechnical, survey and geosciences company.
Fugro Survey Pty Ltd based in Perth, provides offshore survey services for marine engineering projects, primarily for the Australian oil and gas industry. We have vacancies for Hydrographic Surveyors and Electronic Survey Technicians.
The Surveyor performs all survey assignments and in the field, as defined by the Party Chief and/or Project Manager. Some of the specific tasks include:
* Work closely with the Party Chief and offshore field staff and with the Project Manager;
* Ensure all safety standards are met and followed.
* Execute positioning and navigation tasks according to survey procedures and client requirements;
* Perform computations, data processing, field and survey reporting in accordance with specifications;
* Apply survey techniques and checks of data;
Safety Requirements for both roles
Due to the nature of this position, candidates must undertake and successfully complete both Offshore Safety Training (BOSIET) and Firefighting courses as well as a “Fitness to Work Offshore” Medical Examination (for both roles). The ideal candidate is flexible, has a good work ethic and a hands-on mentality with good organisation and communication skills. Surveyor candidates should
* hold a B.Sc. or Diploma in Hydrographic Surveying or equivalent;
* Minimum 3/5 years experience and knowledge of offshore surveying equipment;
* have the ability to work and travel offshore for up to 5 weeks.
* be a team player and have good computer skills;
Electronic Survey Technicians
As an Electronic Survey Technician, you will work offshore on our projects in dedicated teams, on vessels of opportunity. You will participate in mobilising and demobilising the survey equipment as required. You will maintain, calibrate and repair this specialised equipment.
Between offshore assignments, you will work in the workshop in Balcatta, Perth. You will be responsible for maintenance and repair activities and report to the Workshop Manager. Fugro will also provide you with training to develop technical skills and knowledge of our procedures, equipment and services.
Electronic candidates should
* Intermediate vocational education degree/diploma in Electronics or a minimum 2 years offshore survey experience
* Experience with boomer systems, sub bottom profilers and Multibeam systems;
* A flexible work attitude; you will be offshore for different periods during the year
* Willingness to develop yourself by training on the job and participating in additional training programmes
* Team player with positive problem solving attitude
* Good communication skills in both spoken and written English
* Challenging work within a professional and informal atmosphere
* Career opportunities in a growing international company
* Assistance with visa requirements for the successful candidate
* A competitive salary with good benefits
* Extended programme of internal and external courses
Applicants should send brief cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than 1 September 2010