PT Kaltim Prima Coal (KPC) operates a coal mine in Sangatta East Kalimantan and is one of the largest export coal mines in the world. In order to maintain its position as world’s most efficient coal producer, PT Kaltim Prima Coal is under taking formal continous business and performance improvement.
To support its expanding operations, a number of major infrastructure projects are to be developed and opportunities exist for high caliber professional to join the Company with job Assignment in Sangatta – East Kalimantan for the positions of:
1. Senior Specialist – General Training (Code: SRGT)
• A bachelor’s degree in human resources management, education or social sciences, or studies with core concentrations in human resources management or business.
• Considerable experience in the delivery of managerial and leadership subjects (as a trainer for minimum 5 years).
• Have knowledge of adult learning theory, the methods and principles of curriculum and training design, and the best practices for teaching groups and individuals.
• Instructional and facilitation skills.
• Time management, analytical thinking and problem solving skills.
• Ability to formulate learning objectives, to evaluate training effectiveness, and to assess training needs.
• Have the ability to instruct and communicate with organizational personnel regarding training needs for management.
2. Engineer – Geotechnical (Code: EG)
• S1 degree in Geotechnical / Engineering Geology or Mining Engineering or Civil Engineering
• Having 3 years in mining operation experience.
• Previous exploration experience would be of benefit.
• Basic knowledge and understanding of rock properties.
• Initiative in all aspects of the profession.
• Working knowledge of Geotechnical software.
3. Manager Coal Technology (Code: MCT)
• Tertiary qualifications in Geology, Chemistry or Metallurgy.
• Broad experience and proven skills in coal management, stockpile management, coal quality inspection and testing and coal utilization at power utilities. As a guide fifteen (15) years plus experience, five (5) of which have been in a Senior position in Coal Technology or Superintending Company.
• Knowledge of geological modeling and mine planning and coal mining practices.
• Knowledge and exposure to a large number of coal mines, coal types, customers and end user facilities.
• Strong people management skills, ideally with training in supervision.
4. Senior Business Analyst (Code: SBA)
• Tertiary qualifications (S1 degree) in Accounting, Engineering or a Business discipline with 5 years relevant work experience in manufacturing, mining or heavy engineering industries, encompassing a broad range of practical financial, production, maintenance, technical and people management issues.
• Strong analytical skills.
5. Engineer – Mining (Code: EM)
• S1 degree in Mine Engineering.
• Having 3 years experience in Mine technical engineering position with practical production experience an advantage.
• Excellent skills in computing and data analysis programmers.
• Understanding of financial analysis methods.
• Having experience in using MINEX software.
• Excellent planning, analytical, organization and problem solving skills together with mechanical aptitude to solve technical difficulties.
6. Engineer – Dispatch (Code: ED)
• S1 Engineering degree with 3 years experience in open cut mining operations, preferably with field supervision, mine technical and dispatching experience.
• A very good knowledge of the MMS-Dispatch systems and other Mine Control systems such as TPMS, VIMS, PLM etc. both technical and operational.
• A good understanding of the UNIX operating system and its utilities, MMS Dispatch software, communication protocols, computer networking, PC based software, and knowledge of dispatch hardware.
• Good knowledge of coal mining terminology and mine engineering term and definition.
• Excellent planning, analytical and organization skills.
7. Specialist Contract – Expansion (Code SCE)
• S1 degree in Engineering or Commercial or Law with at last 2-3 years experience in Contract Projects.
• Extensive knowledge of prevailing laws and regulations, especially those related to commercial activities.
• Strong analytical and negotiation skills.
• Computer skills such as Word Processing, Spreadsheet and MIMS Supply System.
• Able to formulate contract documents and ability to interpret contract documents.
• Preferable has knowledge in Supply Chain improvement management process.
8. Specialist Safety & Training (Code: SST)
• S1 degree in Health & Safety Management.
• Having min 3 years experience in safety practices on coal mine industry.
• Planning, supervisory, excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Competent training skills gained through formal Train the Trainer training and on the job coaching/ experience.
• Excellent Presentation skills.
• Interpersonal skills for liaising with customers and conducting training.
• Initiative and the ability to conduct research.
9.Specialist Application System – ERP (Code: SERP)
• Tertiary qualification (S1) in Information Technology, Commerce or others with 6 years experience in commercial computing environments encompassing integrated systems, PC knowledge, programming and business analysis.
• Possess extensive experience and proven skills in IT management, preferably in the mining or oil and gas industry.
• Knowledge of Ellipse or similar systems would be a distinct advantage.
• It is desirable that the applicant possess a sound functional knowledge of the relevant Mincom Ellipse ERP modules (Finance Accounting, Operation Maintenance or Material Management).
10. Specialist Computer Operation – Datacenter HPUX/ Linux (Code: SCO)
• Have a degree in Computing or other relevant subjects, and/or holding a relevant certificate(s) form Microsoft or recognized organization in computing services.
• Have experience and proven skills in administering UNIX (Linux & HPUX) and Windows servers (Minimum 3 years) with board knowledge in the field of computing.
1. Good communication in both written and spoken English
2. Good interpersonal and organizational skills
3. Highly self-motivated and strong analytical skills
4. Computer literate (MS Office)
5. Creative, self-starter, team player and having self-integrity
Please send your application with a comprehensive CV (include Salary Expectation) and a recent photograph, within 2 weeks after this advertising published with email address:
PT KALTIM PRIMA COAL
PO BOX 620 Balikpapan 76106 Kalimantan Timur
Or Email: email@example.com
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for further selection process