BASF PETRONAS Chemicals Sdn Bhd is a RM3.4 billion joint venture that combines the innovative strengths and capabilities of two well-established companies – BASF SE of Germany (60%) and Malaysia’s very own PETRONAS (40%). This verbund’ (integrated) chemical production facility sited in Gebeng, Kuantan, Pahang Darul Makmur is the first such facility for BASF in Asia Pacific, manufacturing acrylic monomers, oxo-products and butanediol.
With our ‘verbund’ chemical production operations, we are integrating the most powerful minds to exploit the most exciting opportunities in the industry. At BASF PETRONAS Chemicals Sdn Bhd, where the most talented high achievers are driving our outstanding performance as a global leader in the chemical industry.
Manager (Tax & Accounts Payable)
Selangor – Bukit Jelutong, Shah Alam
* Candidate must possess a good Degree in Accounting or professional qualifications (MIA, MICPA, ACCA or equivalent
* At least 6 years post-graduate working experience in tax / accounting firm or corporate tax department of major corporation
* Able to work under intense pressure in a fast paced environment and deliver within tight deadlines
* Strong leadership, interpersonal and high level of integrity
* Good communication skills (both written and spoken)
* Proactive, result-oriented and a good team player
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office and SAP (added advantage)
* Full-Time position(s) available.
* Anticipates, analyzes and implements adequate actions in tax and accounts payable management to add highest value to BASF PETRONAS Chemicals and its stakeholders
* Shapes Tax & Accounts Payable function and sets the tone by effectively leading and developing the team towards the achievement of the Company’s long-term strategic goals
Implements, reviews and updates identified payment and taxation control objectives in response to business risks associated to local and international Financial Reporting Standards (FRS) and tax laws at regular intervals.
Aligns activities of the tax and accounts payable with the control objectives and deviations highlighted for consequence actions
Consistently raises the bar of performance to achieve Excellence through continuous improvement
Pole position performances against international benchmark
Challenge the team to practice best practices or next practices
Talent identification and development
Acts as a catalyst enhancing relations, synergies and creating new opportunities amongst the stakeholders. Active participation in change project teams or other committees e.g. Transfer Pricing, harmonization of tax & accounts payable processes
Interested candidates are invited to submit a detailed resume stating personal particulars, employment history, qualifications (accompanied with copies of certificates), contact telephone number, current and expected salaries and a non-returnable
recent passport-sized photograph.
Applications should be sent to the following address:
The Recruitment Manager
Human Resource Management Division
BASF PETRONAS Chemicals Sdn Bhd (Co. No.: 451307-K)
Jalan Gebeng 2/1 Kawasan Perindustrian Gebeng
26080 Kuantan Pahang
For online application: URL:
Please indicate position applied for on the top left-hand corner of the envelope. All applications will be treated with strict confidence. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified. Online applications will receive priority in processing