Our business is the exploration, production, refining, trading and distribution of energy. This is what we do, and we do it on a truly global scale. With a workforce of 80,000 employees, BP operates with business activities and customers in more than 80 countries across six continents. Every day, we serve millions of customers around the world. We are continually looking for talented, committed and ambitious people to help us shape the face of energy for the future.
BP’s Exploration and Production segment focuses on finding reserves of oil and gas, developing the means to extract and process it and then producing and transporting it to market. This involves using cutting edge technology to find the energy reserves, the ability to drill thousands of meters under the ground, designing, building and operating some of the world’s largest most complex production onshore / offshore facilities and finally being able to transport these fluids.
Job title Petrophysicist
Req ID 18926BR
Job category Subsurface
Sub-category Reservoir/Petroleum Eng & Petrophysics
Countries (State/Region) Angola
United Kingdom – Scotland
United Kingdom – South East
BP is currently seeking candidates for Petrophysical (PP) positions to support a number of BP businesses worldwide. As part of a fully integrated, multi-discipline subsurface team, the Petrophysicist will work in an environment where geophysical, stratigraphic, petrologic, petrophysical, geomechanical, biostratigraphic and engineering data are fully integrated. We are looking for individuals who have developing skills or expertise in operations, integrated reservoir description, seismic rock properties, or production petrophysics.
BP offers you the opportunity to work on a diverse range of geographies and development types, including a variety of offshore, deepwater, onshore, oil, gas and condensate scenarios of differing scale. You will also have the added benefit of being involved in the application of leading edge technologies where BP has a distinct advantage, including Field of the Future techniques for real-time data acquisition and management. Typical petrophysical roles include; providing technical consultancy to the global assets in petrophysical evaluation; the characterization of reservoir flow units by integrating all available core, log and production data; supporting well planning and reservoir completion design, and actively participating in the appropriate technical networks and R&D programmes.
The successful candidate will report to a subsurface discipline team leader and will work within an integrated team environment. The following roles and responsibilities are envisaged:
- Provide petrophysical support to tagged field teams in all areas including new well planning and delivery, log interpretation, surveillance planning and operation, reservoir description, core analysis and seismic rock properties
- Help define regional data acquisition contracting strategy and the service company performance monitoring system
The core competencies below are integral for this role:
- Ability to integrate input from all Subsurface disciplines
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Partnership/team working skills to share knowledge and best practice
- Awareness of business drivers.
- A strong willingness to learn and think laterally
Must have a university degree or equivalent
Essential experience and job requirements
To be considered for the role of Petrophysicist, applicants must have:
- Relevant experience in oil/gas industry
- Open Hole Log Analysis experience
- Experience working with a multi-disciplinary subsurface team involving engineers, geologists and petrophysicists
- Experience using Techlog or a comparable software suite
Other essential skills and knowledge
A good grounding in petrophysics is required along with any of the broader skills. Strong communications skills, including the ability to interact effectively with a broad range of technical specialists and partners are necessary, as is the ability to work effectively within a multidisciplinary team (petrophysicists, geophysicists, geologists and drilling engineers) and the ability to communicate results and interpretations to management.
Desirable criteria & qualifications
In addition to the essential qualifications, the successful candidate will likely be able to demonstrate:
- Production and Cased Hole Log Analysis experience
- Integrated rock-type based petrophysics experience
- Core Analysis (Conventional & Special) experience
- Subsurface Integration experience
- Subsurface & Surface Fluid Sampling experience
- RFT Analysis
- Seismic Rock Properties Analysis
If you are selected for a position in the United States, your employment will be contingent upon submission to and successful completion of a post-offer/pre-placement drug and alcohol screening as well as pre-placement verification of the information and qualifications provided during the selection process.
To Apply online, click here : BP Career