Our business is the exploration, production, refining, trading and distribution of energy. This is what we do, and we do it on a truly global scale. With a workforce of 80,000 employees, BP operates with business activities and customers in more than 80 countries across six continents. Every day, we serve millions of customers around the world. We are continually looking for talented, committed and ambitious people to help us shape the face of energy for the future.
BP’s Upstream segment focuses on finding reserves of oil and gas, developing the means to extract and process it and then consistently producing and transporting it to market. This involves using cutting edge technology to find the energy reserves, the ability to drill thousands of meters under the ground, designing, building and operating some of the world’s largest most complex production onshore / offshore facilities and finally being able to transport these fluids, in order to provide energy to the world.
Through Technology we have designed industry leading solutions to drive business delivery and are continuously extending the limits of what we can do. We attract, inspire and retain a diverse talent pool with world class development, deployment and connectivity. Common processes and practices define the way we work, where we strive to make every well better than the previous one.
Global Opportunities for Drilling Engineers
Req ID 30657BR
Drilling & Completions
Drilling & Completions
United Kingdom – South East
Our diverse global portfolio includes some of the industry’s biggest technical challenges as we push the limits in ultra-deepwater, arctic frontier, ultra-HPHT and deliver some of the world’s biggest wells. BP has vacancies for Drilling Engineers in the UK, US and most locations around the globe on an Expat basis.
The Drilling Engineer is accountable for engineering activity covering the planning, program preparation and execution of drilling operations within the wells team. You will also have accountability for operational support on new and existing wells. The Drilling Engineer reports to the Drilling Engineering Team Leader.
Success here is dependant on leveraging the collective efforts of some of the most experienced technical experts in the world.
Join them and you will deliver detailed drilling engineering guidance, working with multi-disciplinary teams in creating drilling designs for oil and gas wells.
Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- With a strong commitment to HSSE, you will take responsibility for planning and executing drilling well designs for oil or gas wells.
- Ensure drilling programs, program amendments and dispensations to policy are prepared on schedule and are adequately risk assessed.
- Working closely with resource teams, geologists, production and service company personnel to ensure an efficient operation.
- Prepare cost estimates and cost control for wells activities.
- Monitor all phases of the drilling operations.
- Perform post-analyses for benchmarking and learning, identification and implementation of appropriate new technologies.
- Prepare end of well reports.
- Recommend and conduct engineering studies to improve drilling operational performance.
- Implement best practices as identified in operational and engineering studies.
- Onsite support for key drilling operations
- Ensure appropriate assurance and review of the drilling design and work plan.
- Coach and mentor Drilling Engineers to ensure appropriate technical development.
- Assure adequate third party Quality Assurance and Quality Control.
- A Bachelors degree in relevant engineering discipline.
Essential experience and job requirements
- Proven success in a Drilling Engineer role, demonstrated competence in well design for drilling activities.
- Knowledge of conducting assurance and review of drilling planning work.
- Demonstrated competence in well design.
- Knowledge of pore pressure and fracture gradient prediction.
- Experience working with third party service providers.
- A willingness and ability to travel up to 25% of the time to the field location in order to fulfil the responsibilities of this position.
Other essential skills and knowledge - Ability to work to timelines with minimum supervision.
- Personal commitment and proactive approach to Health, Safety and the Environment.
- Demonstrated experience working with multi-disciplinary teams.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate at all levels.
- Ability and willingness to relocate to the area of work.
Desirable criteria & qualifications - Competence with Landmark well engineering software packages (DIMS/ Openwells, Wellplan, etc).
- Drilling experience for an operator in a Drilling Engineer role.
- IWCF Well Control certified or equivalent.
- Participation in continuous improvement processes.
- Flexible approach to work.
- Aptitude to innovate and be open to new ideas.
- Proven track record as a strong team player.
- Experience working with HPHT wells.
- Experience with floating operations.
Yes – including international/expat
Is this a part time position?
Click here to aplly Online : BP career