Our business is the exploration, production, refining, trading and distribution of energy. This is what we do, and we do it on a truly global scale. With a workforce of 80,000 employees, BP operates with business activities and customers in more than 80 countries across six continents. Every day, we serve millions of customers around the world. We are continually looking for talented, committed and ambitious people to help us shape the face of energy for the future.
Upstream Information Technology and Services ( IT&S) is a distinctive division whose purpose is to provide digital capabilities, through people, technologies and processes, to deliver current organizational needs and transformational opportunities to meet business objectives. This globally diverse team works together to plan and implement digital solutions for all of the Upstream divisions.
The vision for the Upstream IT&S is to be an integral and valuable element of the Upstream’s success, and an industry-leading example of how to bring value via IT to the company’s Upstream business. Our enduring strategic themes are:
-Growing our people and their capabilities
- Increasing business intimacy and ease of working
-Delivering quality projects in support of the Upstream business strategy
- Leveraging scale, improving efficiency and managing costs
- Enhancing operational integrity and silent running.
Job title : Tangguh Expansion – IT Program Project Manager
Req ID 29819BR
Job category Information Technology & Services
Sub-category IT Project & Programme Management
Countries (State/Region) Indonesia
The Program Project Manager (PPM) is the Single Point of Accountability (SPA) to plan, scope and deliver the IT applications and infrastructure required to fit within the Region and the new Tangguh Expansion facilities, and the IT services required to support the project engineering teams. This includes oversight of the local project managers, maintenance of budget status and forecast, creation of governance and project documentation sufficient to complete all CVP phases of work for each rollout.
The Program Project Manager is based in Jakarta with some travel required to other Asia Pacific (AsPac) project offices and fabrication yards to support project delivery within the Region. They will act as the key interface to the Tangguh Project General Manager and Engineering Managers, and central IT and clients.
This role will report in to the GPO BIM for AsPac and will be a part of the Projects Community within Upstream and the wider IT&S Function. At a local level the PPM will work closely with the AsPac Region Chief Information Officer (CIO) and will dock into the GPO Tangguh Expansion project line organisation, specifically to the Project Leadership.
- Act as the Single Point of Contact (SPA) for the planning, management and delivery of the IT Investment Program for the Tangguh Expansion project and its integration into the Region
- Interface with the Tangguh Project General Manager Engineering Managers and stakeholders to define and approve the Tangguh Expansion IT strategy and progress the Class IV-I plans
- Engage with the Region CIO and Production Operations team to ensure fit with Region legacy applications and Common Bill of IT tools and infrastructure roadmaps
- Resource projects within scope by working with the Capability & Resourcing Manager and BIM to maintain a forward view of Project Management Demand
- Recognize synergies, conflicts and dependencies across the programme of projects and work teams; leveraging and managing and communicating them to successful completion
- Establish formal and informal project governance mechanisms and prepare Decision Support Packages for functional verification
- Manage Day to Day performance of all Project Line resources to ensure Upstream IT&S and GPO standards and performance metrics are met such as: risk, cost, time and quality management
At minimum a Bachelor Degree in relevant discipline from reputable university with Project Management accreditation (PMP or PRINCE 2 Practitioner)
Essential experience and job requirements - At minimum 10 years experience in IT Project Management preferable with relevant experience in oil and gas industry or serving oil and gas sector
- Successful track record of delivering large Programs of work
- Core competence in Planning, Cost Estimating, Risk and Performance Management, Quality & Delivery Assurance
- Experienced in managing complex third party software application development projects and a strong technical awareness of web based applications and infrastructure
- Experienced working with technical teams, business analysts and process subject matter experts across various IT disciplines and geographies
- Proven track record in implementing best practice standards in project delivery management and governance
- Thorough knowledge of the BP Capital Value Process (or alternate stage gate decision process) and underlying project methodologies
- Excellent record of Stakeholder Management
- Fluent communication in Bahasa Indonesia and English both written and verbal
Desirable criteria & qualifications
- Experienced working in BP Exploration & Production
- Experienced in delivery and managing IT projects through the entire project lifecycle (infrastructure and applications)
- Experienced of design and delivery of Telecoms projects and/or Field Data Infrastructure (FDI) into Upstream locations in developing countries
- Experienced in the Indonesian market, Tangguh plant and Government of Indonesia (GoI) procurement regulations and local constraints
- Professional Engineering qualification e.g. CEng
- Professional IT Service qualification e.g. ITIL
To Apply Online, Click here
BP Job Opportunity Indonesia | Closing date 18 Mar 2012