Our business is the exploration, production, refining, trading and distribution of energy. This is what we do, and we do it on a truly global scale. With a workforce of 80,000 employees, BP operates with business activities and customers in more than 80 countries across six continents. Every day, we serve millions of customers around the world. We are continually looking for talented, committed and ambitious people to help us shape the face of energy for the future.
BP’s Exploration and Production segment focuses on finding reserves of oil and gas, developing the means to extract and process it and then consistently producing and transporting it to market. This involves using cutting edge technology to find the energy reserves, the ability to drill thousands of meters under the ground, designing, building and operating some of the world’s largest most complex production onshore / offshore facilities and finally being able to transport these fluids, in order to provide energy to the world.
BP is the largest operator (excluding National Oil Companies) in the world with over 6.6MM BOE/Day gross operated production and operations in 25 countries on six continents. The largest community in BP’s Exploration and Production (E&P) Segment, around 6000 people work in operations, essentially delivering oil and gas from the wellhead to the market. Operations staff play a significant role at all stages of the exploration and production cycle – providing input to a project from early appraisal all the way through to full production.
Job title Gas Supply Team Leader
Req ID 21974BR
Job category Operations
Sub-category Operations & Maintenance
Countries (State/Region) Indonesia
The Gas Supply Team Leader is accountable for safe and reliable operation of wells and normally unmanned platforms Vorwata Reservoir A (VRA) and Vorwata Reservoir B (VRB), and Onshore Receiving Facility (ORF) facilities. This includes during initial start-up, normal start-up and shutdown, normal operation, abnormal operation, emergency shutdown, and prepares for and returns from maintenance. The incumbent is also responsible for implementation of Preventive Maintenance (PM) of safety critical equipment at Gas Supply Facilities (VRA, VRB, Pipeline, pig receivers, ORF).
- Area Authority at VRA, VRB, Pipeline, Pig Receivers, and ORF
- Deliver safe, reliable operations the “BP Way” by ensuring that the “How We Operate” expectations are followed across the Gas Supply organization and delivers daily Process Safety & Personal Safety, Control of Work (including SIMOPS), Regulatory Compliance to maintain License to Operate, and Integrity of Gas Supply Facilities
- Prepare and issue a daily program as instructions for the Shift Supervisors to ensure continuity of the operation outside of normal working hour
- Maintain good coordination and communication with all sections of the Operation department by daily discussions of plant operational issues with other team leaders
- Submit and approve work order requests to verify priority is correct, there is no duplication, and that work requests have been created for all needed repairs
- Drive site execution efficiency by ensuring right people, right place, and right skills in the Gas Supply Team to safely deliver the activity plan. This includes ensuring competency progression through CMAS for Supervisors and Technicians
University Degree in relevant Engineering, preferably in chemical engineering
Essential experience and job requirements
- At minimum 12 years work experience in Oil & Gas or Petrochemical plant at relevant position
- Minimum 5 years experience in leading team in daily operation in oil and gas/LNG facility
- Thorough knowledge of plant equipment, process operation, maintenance activities, and safety systems
- Good English and Bahasa Indonesia communication skill and able to build relationship and communication across level
- Strong commitment to safety to ensure smooth and reliable operation in daily operation
Desirable criteria & qualifications
- Experienced working in LNG Plant for 3 years would be beneficial
- Skilled in microsoft office application
Relocation available No
Travel required Yes – up to 50%
Is this a part time position? No
Removal Date 29-Sep-2011
Click Here to apply Online : BP career