BHP Billiton is the world’s largest diversified resources company and is an industry leader in the supply of iron ore to the global steel industry from our Western Australian Iron Ore operations. With seven mines, two ports and processing facilities and an award winning 1000+km rail system, BHP Billiton Iron Ore is more than equipped to meet the demands of the global iron ore market. We are expanding our Iron Ore business as we develop new ways to deliver competitive advantages to our customers. Join our exciting business and give your career the challenge it deserves.
Head of Resource Planning
Job Reference Number: 716636
We seek an experienced executive to lead the Resource Planning function for Western Australia Iron Ore, based in Perth. Reporting to the Vice President of Planning, you will lead a large group of mining professionals to deliver the long term mining plans for the Western Australia Iron Ore growth pipeline and ensure the 5 year mine planning requirements for the business are conducted in accordance with the Western Australia Iron Ore business plan.
A key dimension to this role is to ensure expansion and optimisation plans maximise the value of the Pilbara Resources for all current and future Ore Bodies. Other key responsibilities include:
* Manage the product laboratories; deliver product quality, control standards and governance ensuring compliance;
* Manage product development, materials handling and ore processing test work; and
* Recruit, lead, and mentor a large and diverse group of high performing individuals.
* Deliver optimal Life of Asset/5 year mine sequence and resource plans, aligned with strategy to deliver in accordance with the Growth Master Plan;
* Deliver long term and 5 year geotechnical and hydrological plan;
* Develop and govern technical standards to ensure compliance relating to geology, mine planning, geotechnical and hydrological disciplines;
* Approve reserves and resources statements for the annual report;
* Deliver the overall water strategy and management plan;
This newly created role will appeal to a seasoned professional with extensive technical and strategic planning experience, gained in a large scale mining operation. Possessing appropriate post graduate qualifications in a relevant discipline (Mining Engineering) you are adept in building effective teams as well as leading and managing groups of functional experts. International experience would be highly valued, along with large-scale change management and implementation experience.
To submit your application click on the link below before 15th June 2011
We reserve the right to commence recruitment proceedings prior to the stated closing date.