With a vast array of operating assets across the globe, BHP Billiton produces a range of commodities. We are the only diversified resources company that produces a full suite of energy products – oil, gas, coal and uranium – as well as having industry-leading positions in minerals such as alumina, copper, nickel, iron ore and metallurgical coal.
BHP Billiton’s marketing activities are undertaken through a centralised marketing organisation with a network of office across the world supporting our major customer markets and the distribution of product from our operating assets. A majority of Marketing staff are located in Asia with Singapore being the primary hub office.
Business / Project:
Trading & Marketing Unit – Aluminium & Nickel
Full Time – Permanent
Reporting to the Coordinator Distribution, you will ensure the proper execution of commercial contracts, with particular responsibility for arranging logistics, 1SAP operations and documentation processing:
• Demonstrate and instil an overriding commitment to health, safety, environmental responsibility and sustainable development.
• Demonstrate commitment to the BHP Billiton Charter and Code of Business Conduct.
• Planning and executing the order fulfilment processes for customers.
• Arrange transportation and customer deliveries in line with agreed arrangements and procedures. Liaise with internal and external service providers.
• Operate all logistic actions in 1SAP.
• Prepare and submit necessary documentation to customers.
• Liaise and coordinate with customers, team members and commercial staff regarding allocation, loading and movements of material ensuring all requirements are satisfactory.
• Monitor material movements within the logistics chain; communicate progress and any problems to relevant key stakeholders.
• Provide any logistic information required by customers, internal & external service providers, commercial staff and/or team members.
• Check transport, demurrage/despatch and other logistic related invoices.
• Provide assistance to team members where required and act as back up in their absence.
• Maintain and enhance BHP Billiton’s reputation as a reliable and reputable supplier.
. Assist Manager Distribution, Scheduler or Coordinator Distribution with projects as required.
Qualification & Technical Competencies
• Bachelor degree in logistics/business/ commerce or equivalent
• 3 – 5 years working experience in supply chain management in an international, commercial environment.
• Computer literate, SAP experience highly recommended;
• Fluent English, both verbal and written.
How To Apply
Please apply online, uploading a copy of your resume, by 18 July 2012
Please note, it is a requirement that internal applicants exercise courtesy and advise their immediate manager of their application.
Diversity is an important element of our people strategy and a key driver of our success.